It’s HOT, do you hear me? HOT outside! We are going on our 36th day of temperatures in the high 90’s. I was getting dressed to take my son mto the library. I pulled out my makeup case and went to put on my makeup, but my face was SOAKED because I ran out to the car for 1 second to grab some things. I think I may have an extra set of pores or something. No one should sweat like that! That fast!
Enough talk about my pores & all. So where did the summer go? I walked into Target & I couldn’t even believe the gardening supplies were non-existent, and had been replaced by book bags, calculators, markers & crayons.
Since we’re SUDDENLY in back to school mode, who has time to cook? Who has time to cook in the summer? Who has time to cook at all??
Here is a quick slow cooker recipe that can cook all day, while you’re still scratching your head wondering where summer went & you get to say you cooked dinner.
Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
Quick 10 minute dinner!
- 4lbs Country Style Ribs (boneless)
- 2 Medium Onions (thinly sliced)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- Kosher Salt & Cracked Pepper (to taste)
- 1 C of BBQ Sauce (your choice)
- ¼ tsp of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo
- Throw it all in the slow cooker on low for 6 hours. Serve with rice & a vegetable. Drizzle the extra BBQ sauce over your rice.
Total time: 6 hrs. 10 mins.
Headed to Target now? Me too. After you pile up your shopping cart with school supplies, sneak in something for yourself….Wine, bubble bath, a cute shirt.